11-03-2016, 07:43 PM   #68
simoneves
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 228i DSB/THP/6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by simoneves View Post
I just noticed on the F30 board that the iOS app was released a few days ago. Just downloaded it but haven't tested it yet.
It seems to work, but whoever designed the UI deserves to be shot. The boost gauge is pretty enough, but you have to manually select it, and even then it's intermittent. Sometimes the needle goes up when you floor it. Sometimes it doesn't. The other mode, to set the boost increase, is even more unintuitive as the buttons to pick the setting (Valet, Stock, Sport, Sport+, Race) look like they're greyed-out and don't respond to a press, but then the boost setting display does change. Maybe. If you've hit the Sync button to fetch the current setting. Also, why is there no Bluetooth pairing required? I was expecting to have to type in the number from the sticker on the device, but as soon as the device wakes up, it shows up in the app and can be selected. Apparently the app can remember multiple devices, not that there's anything to remember! With no security, does this mean that if somebody else's device gets within range, I can mess with it?!
Appreciate 0