B58SP
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by B58SP View Post
I am interested in grip since I have alot of power now and no LSD still... Would you consider the 4S a big improvement in launch grip or I am better off getting 2 rear wheels and getting Drag radials on those?
I would not consider them a huge improvement in off the line grip. It will be better, but it's not like you're going to shed anymore than maybe .1 seconds in 60 foot, if that.

If drag racing is your thing and you do it often, I would definitely source a set 17" ET Street DRs. Why waste your time with street radials if you're wanting the best ET possible?

I'd also put the LSD at the top of your list. The difference in traction in all situations is astounding. You'd be surprised how much forward acceleration you're loosing with the open diff when those tires are spinning. Even with the tires spinning, the LSD is accelerating far better and more controllably. Believe me, I ran my car with the open diff for 2 full years before adding and I drive hard. I can't imagine driving this car with a ton of power and sticking with the open diff.
I want it but i can't justify the $2500 plus install at the moment. I will probably do R888's since they are agressive but still streetable without switching wheel size
Appreciate 0