02-11-2022, 05:33 PM   #43
irunalot
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Carrera S

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
Yup Newey has made some incredible cars, but we will see. I have heard alot about the monocoque redesign where the driver compartment is moved more forward. But again I am not sure if this is just redbull misinformation that is constantly propagated on this forum, or if it is legit. So we will see when we see. But imo RB has been stagnant since the exhaust blown diffuser days, literally they copied mercedes on their rear suspension design and narrow nose concept, so mercedes is doing something right.

But again this is totally new regs anything can happen. Maybe we are looking at AMR the 2022 constructors and drivers champion.
Could not agree more, and RBs cars other than 2021 have come out of the gate slow as well. In the case of 2021 MB came out slow, but they also did minimal development and got hurt by the regulation changes targeted at them. RB throws more "stories" and noise around than other teams, and brought out a mock up car. This is really starting to get interesting.

I have to say I love how aggressive the rear diffusers now look with the ground effects. These cars look 1000x better than I expected!
Appreciate 2
F87source7253.50