mc3456
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by auf Deutsch View Post
Price notwithstanding, this particular setup yields ~400 whp on an M235. That's about a ~90 whp increase over a stock car which traps 109 with 8AT. SO let's assume this will trap 116, a similar speed to a stock F8x M3/4 which everyone knows is pretty damn fast.

Now as far as cost is concerned, only the piggyback is far more expensive than competitors. The bolt-ons are similar to anything else on the market. With that high price, piece of mind is obtained. No other tuning company offers a factory matching warranty on its ECU tunes and hardware. Not having to worry about out-of-pocket costs on a 400 whp M235 is awesome. There's no need to email Terry pertaining to any issues and receiving a response asking the user to perform data logs. Some of us just don't need this kind of automotive stress in our lives.
I wouldn't put too much weight on the warranty part. Reminds me of a famous scene from 'Tommy Boy' when I hear people justify paying more for Dinan.

However, I know first hand that the M235i responds well to modes. My ex-GFs car was stellar after I finished with some mods.
Appreciate 0