03-31-2009, 04:43 AM   #37
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer Loyalist View Post
It's no slouch on the track. I've driven the M cars extensively, and the M6 suffers from excess weight, but its driving dynamics and the overall raw sensation were amazing.

I think you're giving the car too little credit as this thread goes on. When the M6 came out, the standards for high performance cars were way different than they are today.
I don't think I am giving the M6 too little credit, it came out after the M5, cost a huge £17K more for the pleasure of removing most of the rear space and taking 2 doors away and yet offers very little in return. The bare bones is that the M6 costs over £80K and apart from straight line speed it doesn't live up to the hype.

The M6 doesn't suffer excessive weight, T Bone highlighted that fact, the problem is that having over 500hp going to the rear wheels with slightly less than ideal weight percentages over the driven wheels have resulted in a car which can't live with the kind of cars it's price tag, power output and badge would suggest.

But this is only one person's opinion and I don't expect everyone to agree with that.

The only M car in my opinion that ticks all of the boxes is the M3 and that is why it is so successful, unlike all other M cars.
Appreciate 0