View Single Post
      07-04-2020, 11:49 AM   #2
SerenVoX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M235i Xdrive

Cary comes highly recommended by many on the BM3 platform and for many good reasons. Performance and customer service to name two. So, its gonna be hard to answer if $600 is worth it solely based on performance gains, as I think his prices while competitive also reflect his demand and reputation..
A custom tune is going to be better then the OTS. You will have noticeable improvement and you will have the ability to max out the tune with your mods, or dial back, or customize to a specific track for example. So depending on what your going for then the price might be worthy.

Do you plan on ever upgrading the turbo, or adding more fuel modifications? i.e. port inject, meth? If the answer is yes, then I would say hold off on the custom and enjoy the OTS. Once all big mods are complete definitely get the custom tune.

If the answer is NO then refer to the first explanation I gave. If it is strictly only power gains your looking for with your current setup, then a customer tune with higher Ethanol then E30, is going be worth it, however, if 600 is to steep, then opt for a custom tune with another less expensive tuner.
Appreciate 0