grocerylist
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Garage List
2016 BMW M235i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacklinUSOB View Post
So my install got postponed until after I returned from the Caymans. Install was a breeze, I used the following tools: Impact gun with 17mm (wheel bolts), 21mm (ball joint nut), and 18mm (subframe bolt), 8mm (fender liner screws), 18mm ratcheting spanner, rubber mallet, torque wrench, jack and stands.

The passenger side had a battery lead snaked right around the subframe bolt as well as the auxiliary radiator which prevented me from using the impact but the 18mm spanner with a 19mm on the end as a cheater got it out easily. Impact gun made quick work of the sometimes stubborn 21mm hub nut and the set on the other side. F80 Arms and spacers had a nice snug fit, I used the 18mm spanner and mallet to align the second larger spacer into place. Torqued down hub bolts and then loaded the suspension with the jack to torque the subframe bolts. Pretty easy install.

First driving impressions are great, front end feels much tighter on response and over bumps. Wheel is pulled away from the fender liner and ride height increased about 1/4-1/2 inch. I installed new pads while I had it up so braking feel improvement is to be seen until they are bedded.

For anyone curious about Lemforder parts, they are cast from the same molds as the BMW stamped parts. You can see where they scrubbed off the M\\\ logo on mine.
Nice, that's a $100+ savings and has gotta be a good 0.25g weight savings per corner!

Not sure if anyone was aware but there's also another option from Turner with their Turner Motorsport Thrust Arm Monoball Upgrade - Pre-installed Arms - F8x M2/M3/M4. Definitely more costly currently @ $643.10 but they've got upgraded sealed ball joint monoballs.

They also sell the monoball bearing set if your TS bushings blew out.

Too rich for me but something I came across when researching LCAs & TS and thought I'd share.
Appreciate 1
goodNIGHT106.50