View Single Post
      06-20-2020, 11:21 PM   #4
KAY-OS
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW m235i F22

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2O_Doc View Post
Sounds like it MIGHT be mold due to condensation. Lysol won't help for long.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maynard View Post
If changing out the filter does not remedy this, you need to kill all the mold within the system, then make sure you don't have a malfunction in your AC system (I'm told it is supposed to run on a little bit to dry out the interior, but this may be insufficient for Hong Kong climate). I was always taught to run the blower with the AC off for the final 5 minutes or so of each trip to prevent this, but I don't practice it regularly in my 2'er (older cars seldom had anything to help dry, and seldom even a filter). Killing interior mold usually requires ozone treatment or some other chemicals - lysol might do it, but not likely; I'd look up a pro, since then you'll have a warranty to redo it if the first try doesn't work.
Thanks for your inputs. I will definitely look into ozone treatment. I don't know much about how AC works, but I am guessing ozone won't treat the bacteria/fungus externally e.g. the evaporator? I was hoping to try a cheap DIY method like spraying lysol first. Any ideas where the fresh air intake for the AC is located?

Turning off AC with fan only for 5 mins before destination in the summer climate where I live is impossible (hot and very humid) .
2014 BMW M235i auto. JB4 & EWG connector + BMS BEF (EWG Race 10 map) + BMS WMI kit (dual BM5 nozzles, 80% meth mix, Boost additive 50, Scaling 60, min flow boost 6.5psi), 98 RON/93 oct pump gas, intake, ER CP, Forge BOV, Wagner Evo II competition intercooler, ER kitty-less DP, eisenmann exhaust, quaife LSD
Appreciate 0