Mavus
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, F80 zcp

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavus View Post
I am not spending $50-80k on an expensive golf cart with body panels and limited usage that will complicate my lifestyle esp. during cold winter months.

Once they can provide 400 mi at -15c cold soaked and recharge within 10 mins anywhere we can chat.

gl with your carts
And when they do you will complain they need to get 600 mile range -30c and charge in 5min. I remember when most EVs could barely get 100 miles and people would say the magic number was 300 mile range.

Just say you don't like it and move on.

It's like whining that trucks are too big and hard to park, get horrible gas mileage and don't fit in your apartment complex garage in the middle of the city, fuck trucks I'm never getting a truck! And I'm standing there with my 32' trailer like....

I couldn't get through the whole video, but the start was clearly whatever weird rental car app he was using. I skimmed through the rest and it seemed he was mainly complaining about charging... in Ireland or wherever he was.

Never once did I NEED to use a public charger in the year and a half or so that I owned the model 3 and the hand full of times I did go either to check it out (when I first got it) or just because there happened to be a charger where I was stopping anyways and I wont pass up a top off. Never once was there a line and never once were there not multiple chargers open. So if we are using one persons anecdotal evidence... I would have to say he's full of shit and charging a tesla is cake.

That being said I would not own an EV if I could not charge it at home, it kills the convenience for me. That does not make it a bad car anymore than a 911 is a pile of steaming dog poo because it doesn't fit your family of 5 or an SUV is horse shit because it can't do the nurburgring in 6min flat.
Well I didn't say that so nice try twisting my statement. You do need to understand a bit of engineering to understand my position. Your assumptions are very limited.

If you have an active lifestyle such as going skiing, hiking, camping, biking, EV can be more inconvenient than ice. It is not ev's fault but rather lack of infrastructure.

Also, do you know how many people live in condos and townhomes and can't charge at home?

Let's take my dd e90 and compare to any ev. I can park it anywhere 12 mo a year in FOUR season climate, start it up and go ANYWHERE without worrying whether I'd be able to recharge it. I can cruise at 80 mph all day long and get gas anywhere within 5-10 mins. I can go skiing at -10C, park it all day, and drive back with min impact to the range.

The ev's today are still very primitive machines. Their simplicity should be an advantage and the cost should be lower than ice. Carrying ~500lb battery is primitive tech. I would consider ev at $25-30k only as a commuter vehicle with 200-300 mi range.

Is 9800lb e Hummer mature ev tech? Don't think so.

I do give Tesla credit for developing ev vehicle that has limited usage and pushing the ev tech fwd but it will be another 20y before infrastructure and modern ev tech is available to majority of population. Again, need to understand engineering of ev's AND infrastructure.

Now, imagine if you compare ev's to bmw 328d (euro 320d) or Jetta tdi?

How about work trucks pulling a small trailer like landscapers? Would they buy it?
Appreciate 2
Cos270608.50
eugenebmw1482.00