View Single Post
      10-16-2020, 05:37 AM   #2
cooolone2
Captain
Rep
Drives: 20' M240iX B58, 01' 330XI E46

Warranty is usually 100% profit for the sales team... But if you plan to keep it long term, the piece of mind may be worth the $. You'll need to read the fine print and make a win/loss decision as to paying forward for repairs that might be made vs keeping the car in great shape and not having those repairs to begin with. Like ignoring the BMW recommend fluid change intervals on main components like engine oil, transmission, gear boxes, etc., shorter intervals will help big time! 10k for oil changes is just absurd and only accepted because they do it for free. Even with the best synthetics, 5-6k MAX in engine oil (as an example). Anyways

and of course driving style needs to be considered! If you ride hard, it might be $ well spent!

That said... I didn't extend the main warranty as you only need to do that before it expires, ie, 50k... So there's time there. I've also read some of the aftermarket warranty providers might offer competitive pricing, but I know nothing about that and wouldn't even look there (is just me). But I did take the wheel insurance as it not only covers wheels and tires, but also door dings and scratches to the outside of the vehicle! To my understanding, even aftermarket wheels that you might purchase say for winter use (not BMW wheels)... So there's a lot of upside there if your area has lots of pot holes or bad roadways. I'm sure it won't cover track days, but there's insurance for that too (separately)... I've never used that either so can't comment in what it covers.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0