View Single Post
      04-20-2018, 10:56 AM   #21
capt_and
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 m240i

I decided to go with Apec ARC-8 in Anthracite.

18x9.5 et35 plus 5mm spacer
18x9.5 et 58 plus 8mm spacer

Camber front -3.5
Camber rear -2.2
Toe out front 1/16"
Hankook RS4 265/35-18 all corners

The wheels were ordered with rush shipping but Apex failed to send out two of the wheels until a few days after they sent out the first pair. The shop took care of the situation and had them overnight another whole set, satin black because it was all they had left in stock. Not really what I wanted but oh well. I showed up to get the wheels/tires installed and guess what?! The spacers were delayed and we had to wait all day for UPS to deliver them. We originally had 5mm all the way around but decided that we needed at least 8mm rear to steer clear of the fuel line on the passenger side rear. You will also need to roll the fenders up front. I'd do it before going onto the track... My front passenger fender took a beating.

I also had the shop order some better pads. They came up with Carbotech XP24 endurance pads. LOTS more brake material. There is less initial bite but they still stop as hard as I will ever need.

All I can say about the wheels, tires, and camber is WOW. I shaved 4 seconds off my time on a 1.7 miles track (big deal). No more understeer grip for days. I did run into issues with oversteer because I was so used to the car plowing on some corners. Another fun fact is that if you get a little out of control and need some big throttle and steering inputs to save the spin out, the engine will cut power.

After two weekends on track, my front brakes have an interesting color to them. It's what I would imagine a leafy vegetable and dirt smoothy would look like. Discoloration only on the outside. Proper brake ducting is in the works.
Attached Images

Instagram: @Capt_and

Last edited by capt_and; 04-17-2020 at 09:21 AM..
Appreciate 7