View Single Post
      09-26-2017, 09:00 PM   #105
TajoMan
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M240 xdrive, X3M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
However, the real evidence is Van Meel's recent statement that M Division is sticking with the I6 and will not build four cylinder models. He would not come out and say that at this time - with nothing forcing him to come forward about such things - if products were not in the works, and if he were not 100% sure he will not be eating his words in just a few short years. We can take his statement to mean that the next M2, M3, and M4 will each be I6 powered. After that generation? Who knows.

In any case, if the M2 is going to be powered by an I6, then it is going to be built on a RWD platform. And if the M2 is going to be on a RWD platform, then so will the 2 Series coupe (and convertible) on which it must be based.
He just said M car won't be powered by 4 cyl engine only.
I also remember that he said it's possible for them to consider hybrid on M car. I'm curious why he even mention about it.

I cannot believe BMW will have 2 separate chassis for 2 series since 2 series sales is not that huge for BMW. is it?
Maybe next gen 2er coupe won't get big chassis update. Then it makes sense since the updated chassis won't cost them much.

If what you said turns out to be true, you must have some inside connection.
Appreciate 0