View Single Post
      09-20-2019, 08:23 PM   #13
cooolone2
Captain
Rep
Drives: 20' M240iX B58, 01' 330XI E46

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime503 View Post
Wow that sucks. Did they say what happened? Or offer you an alternative ED date?

I've read tons of threads about ED experiences throughout the years and I honestly don't think I've ever heard of this happening before, especially if your car had already gone into production!
Me too... Me too!

Yes, I received a Build Code Pretty Quickly, and the Vin followed. But it seems since I've been informed of the date, and subsequently notified the dealer I could not accept the delivery there at that time, and will now take domestic delivery, the information on production has not moved.

Not sure what happened to tell you the truth, it's crazy, like I noted, we were all good, had to select the date, gave them 4 days while I was in Munich - received confirmation, then a few days later, got the call that it was No Good.

I understand the Weisn is going on, is why I'll be there as well. But they should not have initially committed to the date then and I initiated this all very early! Can't figure it out other than the possibility that the dealer handled it too casually. The confirmation came at week 5 prior to delivery, was told it was tight, but we got the confirmation. Maybe BMW USA said ok without final confirmation from the Welt. Who knows... I'm at a loss. As a consolation, it's going to save me a few grand on the price as I've already received an adjusted PO for the car. I will be following up this week with the dealer before I leave for Germany.

I'm not really going to let it rain on my parade, if the trip is that good, I will try again in a year or two...
Appreciate 0