View Single Post
      05-29-2017, 06:43 AM   #12
RacerDad
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i

There is a BMW Technical Service Bulletin on this topic dated December 2015, SI B34 08 14 titled, Ticking Noise From Front Axle When Cornering. This bulletin supersedes the old bulletin SI 34 08 14 from July 2015.

Essentially the bulletin has the technician sand the contact surface in a radial motion of the brake disc and clean the disc and hub surface with brake cleaner. It goes on to state that the wheel bearing hub should NOT be sanded and NOT to apply lubricant to the mating surface.

My car was making the same noise in the Left Front when taking hard right turns that sounded like a nail in the tire. However, I inspected the tires and found nothing. The other day I went over a manhole cover fairly hard in a construction zone that was raised up. It didn't damage the tire or wheel, but the noise is now gone. Hitting the L/F hub like that could have jarred the mating surfaces enough to make the noise stop.

I found this bulletin on Alldata. If someone has access to the official bulletin, please post it. Thanks.

Last edited by RacerDad; 05-29-2017 at 06:51 AM..
Appreciate 0