View Single Post
      05-14-2019, 07:26 AM   #9
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dradernh View Post
No surprise there; unless you're a film buff, that's going back a ways. What Doris Day had to offer might not sell too well today - she was, however, the real deal.
For some, the problem is that history began when they were born.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphomeman View Post
The problem is that the definition of the word 'celebrity' has changed. Any two-bit TV actor is now called a celebrity. You no longer have to be Doris Day to qualify. She was the top-paid American movie star for a decade. That qualifies as celebrity.
Years ago, I had a visitor who told me I was famous in Korea. I repeated this to my family at the dinner table. My wife's response: this is New York.
So much for being a celebrity.

And, why does happening to have a job in TV qualify one as having a more valuable opinion about automobiles?
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 0