Thread: Building Zero
View Single Post
      02-10-2017, 08:25 AM   #43
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT Mineral White M235i

Man, I'm late with this one. I got an AFE intake air scoop for Christmas after dropping some not so subtle hints and links lol.

Installation was pretty straightforward, but still a pain. It involves removing the driver side kidney grill. The grill is held in place by plastic tabs and I swore that I was either going to cut my hand when squeezing it in the hood to access the bottom tabs or that I was going to crack the paint due to how much I was having to flex the top of the bumper to gain access.

Once I got the grill removed it was just a matter of maneuvering the air scoop into place. I took some twisting of the scoop and at one point I swore that I had the wrong part, but after a few tries I was able to get it in there. There's a plastic pin that's supposed to go into some hole in the stock intake box. I guess it's there on a F30 , but it's not there in the F22. I just wedged the scoop in there and it hasn't been a problem. :/ The product description on Amazon actually says that it's for the 335, but it works lol.

Overall I'd say that this is an okay mod. Using Torque I saw between a 5*-10* difference in intake temps depending on how heat soaked I was. I can't say that I notice much power difference, but for the price it's a fun little project.
Attached Images

6MT Mineral White on black M235i coupe
Build thread
Appreciate 0