Thread: Building Zero
View Single Post
      04-22-2016, 02:28 PM   #26
BentZero
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT Mineral White M235i

When choosing between the BMS and Injen intake I decided to get the Injen. It was the "heat shield" that got me and for some reason the name reminded me of my old JDM days even though this is my first Injen product.

Thanks to Mike at extreme powerhouse. The intake wasn't scheduled to arrive until Monday, so I was super stoked to see it on my front porch this evening. Packaging was top notch too. I have no affiliation with Mike nor his online store.

Material:
The intake feels like a quality piece and I like the wrinkle black look. It comes with a dry filter too which is nice. I believe someone mentioned that out cars, specifically the MAF sensor, don't play well with oiled filters.

Install:
A breeze until I got to the part where I had to mount the heat shield. The pictures in the instructions don't show that black plastic box cover that you see behind my heat shield. Well, they don't play nice together. I had to turn the cover to the side, mount the heat shield and then he-man that damn cover back into place. This was after 15 minutes of trying to get everything to line up after I had taken the cover off. Other than that this was about the easiest intake I've had the pleasure to install.

Sound:
The important part, right? I really like it. It whistles a bit when the car is under load and I love hearing the sound of the waste gate or at least that's what I think it is. I still can't roll my windows down due to my recent tint job, but even with all of windows closed I'd say that the induction noise is at least twice as loud over stock. Maybe even two and half times louder than stock. The sound is less pronounced when in Comfort mode. I didn't try out Eco Pro because, well, it's eco pro lol. I'm glad that the sound is less pronounced in wifie mode though. The intake sound does change depending on rpm with around 3k rpm being the most whistle like. I'm not sure how I feel about the whistling like aspect of it. I adjusted the cone after my test drive to make sure that the sound isn't a result of some sort of leak, but I haven't been back out to see if that did anything. I really is a minor issue though and after 15 mins I grew to like that sound as well. I will say that it's surprising how much sound this thing makes with even the smallest bit of throttle input. That's a good thing.

On to the next mod...........
Attached Images

6MT Mineral White on black M235i coupe
Build thread
Appreciate 0