10-13-2014, 11:33 AM   #29
hoppy6698
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i, Estoril Blue on Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by M235xi_EB View Post
The car does not even have a temp gage. I missed that when shopping. I have driven 328, 335, M3, and more. This 235 is a complete and utter disappointment. I predict market value to drop sharply in the next year or so when all the reviews start to hit the internet.

If you are considering one, I would not buy it. There are too many downsides. Get a 335, add the power pack and get a tune if you want even more HP.
A tune on the M235i puts it near the quoted M2 power. Add an LSD and you have nearly the M2.

If you hate it so much, trade it in/sell it and move on. BMW values don't drop because a few people disagree with its performance and handling. By all professional reviews and accounts, the BMW 2 series is standard fare for BMW and will hold its value like any other. As for the M235i, it will hold it a bit better as all sport BMWs do and have historically.

As for the obvious buyer remorse, only you can deal with that. Take it elsewhere and be a better shopper in the future - do your homework.