View Single Post
      05-02-2019, 05:29 PM   #5
Xi-Xi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 228xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlinMc View Post
I have ordered numerous BMWs over the years and have always deleted the sunroof. I hate sunroofs, have never used them and would never use them. When reselling BMWs, I have found some people really want MT and/or sunroof deletions. It's never been a resale issue.

My latest order was a 2020 M240i (with sunroof deletion) to replace my 2016 M235i (which had no sunroof).

The car took a long time to get through the port and VPC compared to any previous orders. It arrived today as I was about to fly out on a business trip. The dealership did a great job scrambling to get the car ready so I could pick it up before I left. I had already sold the M235i, so was without a DD. They pulled the car up and I jumped into it so I could make it home to get my ride to the airport.

When I got home, I looked up and realized they had installed a sunroof. F___! The order and BMW MyGarage shows sunroof deletion.

Suggestions on how to proceed? I am unhappy, but not sure I want to return the car which was clearly ordered correctly except for the sunroof deletion.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and opinions.
I have no idea how this will play out, and I absolutely feel your pain. On my next order I'll be doing the sunroof delete as well. But ideally, it probably would've been a lot easier if you hadn't accepted the car. I think that could be a major complication. I think if the dealership wants to play hardball, they can refuse a request for a new order. Really, as far as they might be concerned, your present car is now a used car. Could they even sell it as new now? I don't know. Certainly, if they want to show a lot of good will, then you'll be fine. But otherwise, you could be screwed. I'll be curious to hear what they tell you.
Appreciate 0