View Single Post
      05-05-2014, 11:04 PM   #60
spmd11
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

Steve, can you please provide feedback on the Limited Slip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMaguire View Post
We spent the second day of this year’s event at Memphis Motorsport Park, running two time trials, a drag race, and bracket drag.

Located north of the city, Memphis Motorsport Park is a combination road course and drag strip, with a separate oval thrown in for good measure. The road course is 1.8 miles long with 8 turns and 3500 ft. long straightaway. This was the first time One Lap had returned to this track since 2003, so for most this was a new experience.

The road course time trials consist of three timed lap starting from a standing start with four to five cars running at a time, each car starting 30 or more seconds behind the one in front.

Both of our session we well with a 4:01.2 placing us 20th for the first session and a 3:59.826, good for 23rd in the afternoon session.

Here’s a video of the morning’s run.

After a short delay while the track was reconfigured, we began the drag races The first run was a straight drag race with second and any subsequent runs been bracket races.

For the first run Mike beat fellow BMW competitor Robin Sparrow in his E92 M3, but as he admitted his reaction time wasn’t too good, so it’s not really a fair comparison, but anyway it makes for good viewing

On to the bracket drag and we go through the first round, but lost in the next to Andy Hollis’s Honda CRX.

After our elimination we packed up and continued our drive south on I-40 and I-55 heading for our overnight halt at the Crowne Plaza Airport hotel in New Orleans, where we arrived around 11:00pm.

So at the end of the day we were 13th overall, first in SSGT2 and Stock Touring classes.