03-24-2019, 11:08 PM   #25
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by kml_99 View Post
Wow thank you so much! Great info!

But also now I'm a little sad because I thought the 2 series had a little more room than a TT and 911 (not in my budget anyway), which I tested with an infant car seat and both require a similar configuration with the passenger seat all the way forward.... I thought this would be manageable with the infant car seat at least, so I was hoping the 2 series would have more room to grow to a non-infant rear-facing car seat... I may have to rethink this....

But, does the joy of driving a quick and nimble car make the pain and hassle with it??
You probably need 5-series or an SUV to have full access to front passenger seat, even in my wife's IS350 Lexus its not usable....but this is with Nuna, others might be different and if you mount in the middle it might work better. Then when you convert to front facing, people say kids start kicking the back of the front seat all the time because there is so little room.

I mean I like driving my car and I can obviously deal with it, as long as you dont care about the front passenger seat. I am not selling my car just because I desperately need something bigger, I just though it might be nice to change and this time to something bigger. The lack of space is probably more of an excuse then an actual issue. Now I can tell my wife I need a new car and she cant tell me anything I also always wanted Porsche and I like Cayenne, so its a double win.

Last edited by Kolyan2k; 03-25-2019 at 05:19 PM..
Appreciate 0