View Single Post
      03-23-2019, 11:39 AM   #24
kml_99
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2001 Audi TT --> 2013 BMW 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyan2k View Post
It's been working ok for almost a year now. Stroller (Nuna Mixx2) fits fine in trunk, and we even used to transport bassinet on passengers side seat. I have Nuna Pipa carseat. You have 2 options, isofix latches (fixes metal rods) or get one that uses flexible latch belts. With isofix you can pretty much only install carseat on the passenger side and basically move front seat most of the way forward. My wife still has plenty of room behind driver's seat, but front passenger seat becomes useless. With latching belts (I think Uppababy has them), I heard in this forum that you can manage to install carseat in the middle position which might work out better and possibly be safer, I haven't tried because I already bought Nuna back then.
Basically if u transport baby everyday, it's a pain in the ass. Nuna just barely clears the opening when front seat is moved all the way back, kinda have to wiggle it in there and put on the base. Then if you need to fix something like pacifier or sun visor etc, you have to climb in the back from driver's side ...pain < if you are alone that is. But if you are using it once a week or so, I don't see any issues.
Wow thank you so much! Great info!

But also now I'm a little sad because I thought the 2 series had a little more room than a TT and 911 (not in my budget anyway), which I tested with an infant car seat and both require a similar configuration with the passenger seat all the way forward.... I thought this would be manageable with the infant car seat at least, so I was hoping the 2 series would have more room to grow to a non-infant rear-facing car seat... I may have to rethink this....

But, does the joy of driving a quick and nimble car make the pain and hassle with it??
Appreciate 0