View Single Post
      03-23-2019, 06:48 AM   #23
Kolyan2k
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by kml_99 View Post
Slightly off topic: how's it transporting baby in a 2 series? We are preparing for baby and I want to make a 2 series my version of a family car . (My current car only has two seats.) My wife has an suv so I figure that's available for more demanding hauls, while the 2 series should be perfect for baby transport around town (to/from day care before and after work, basically) .... Thoughts?
It's been working ok for almost a year now. Stroller (Nuna Mixx2) fits fine in trunk, and we even used to transport bassinet on passengers side seat. I have Nuna Pipa carseat. You have 2 options, isofix latches (fixes metal rods) or get one that uses flexible latch belts. With isofix you can pretty much only install carseat on the passenger side and basically move front seat most of the way forward. My wife still has plenty of room behind driver's seat, but front passenger seat becomes useless. With latching belts (I think Uppababy has them), I heard in this forum that you can manage to install carseat in the middle position which might work out better and possibly be safer, I haven't tried because I already bought Nuna back then.
Basically if u transport baby everyday, it's a pain in the ass. Nuna just barely clears the opening when front seat is moved all the way forward, kinda have to wiggle it in there and put on the base. Then if you need to fix something like pacifier or sun visor etc, you have to climb in the back from driver's side ...pain < if you are alone that is. But if you are using it once a week or so, I don't see any issues.

Last edited by Kolyan2k; 03-24-2019 at 11:11 PM..
Appreciate 0