05-22-2016, 11:25 PM   #51
rwalker
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: the wheels off

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikcachu View Post
Be careful with zero toe.... I did this after installing the LCA but, after 24k miles (I know 24k is not that bad) the PSS corded both front inside sides but still have some tread left in the middle and the shoulders.... I got new tires and did another alignment.... the toe before the alignment went to about 0.08 for both front tires, so I believe most of the wear got done at the beginning when I was running close to 0 toe and now they are probably wearing even but the damage was done at the beggining...

Now i did 0.04 for both front tires to be not so aggressive...

Let me know how yours are wearing out...
I can't get 24k out of a set of tires, maybe 12k. The car has 13k now, and I ran the stock tires down to 5-6/32" before fitting the 255s. The insides were worn more than the rest, which is why I've reduced toe with my new (~1k) MPSSes. I understand that zero static toe yields toe-out when the car's rolling, so I keep a tiny bit of toe-in.

The more I look at my car today, the more I think that using the stock tension struts with the F8x LCAs twisted the suspension geometry enough to have lowered the car. I know it's not intuitive, but I swear my ride height has increased with the F8x tension struts.

The initial mis-information we got about the length of the tension struts is really a shame. Thanks again, Pparana for saving us!