07-19-2021, 08:33 PM   #21
230iZTR
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Signal Orange wrapped 230i THP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesjedi View Post
Bang for the buck is what I need.
Seems like a solid setup. I'd also recommend track pads, high temp brake fluid, and a Schroth Quick Fit Pro harness. It helps tremendously to not be sliding around behind the wheel.

Quote:
Are [springs] an improvement over stock? Are the springs just cosmetic, do they unsettle the car?
I'm really happy with my Swift Spec-R's (F30 fitment, so ~250#F/600#R). I feel like the car is woefully undersprung from the factory (~180#F/400#R) and especially in the front. My gut is that the soft springs were compressing and changing the geometry around too much and/or making the bumpstops do the work, which made it a little unpredictable. Changing to a higher spring rate fixed that and made the car feel more consistent to me, but I did the springs, camber plates, and Dinan Shockware tune at the same time so its hard to say how much to attribute the improvement to just the springs as opposed to the other components.

Plus reducing the fender gap really does make a big aesthetic difference. If you've already got the suspension pulled off for the camber plates, you might as well do the springs at the same time.
17x9 APEX Arc8-R, 255/40/17 RE71RS, Vorshlag Plates, Swift Spec-R Springs, m-Performance Bumpstops, Dinan ShockWare, Paragon 2-piece rotors, Carbon lip, custom 3" alumalite splitter, GTS wing, FTP Intake and Charge pipe, BootMod3 Stage 1 OTS
Appreciate 1