View Single Post
      03-11-2022, 07:03 AM   #2
rtl32
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT

Sounds about right. All you're missing are beverages and music.

I've done all that except the inlet and boost pipe so someone else can weight in on that since I've heard the inlet is a royal PITA. DV and inlet should definitely be the first things in once you strip everything. Every mm counts on the DV.

Get some skinny socket extensions for the DV valve, I remember mine had two elbows/three sections for one of the bolts. It's that deep. Definitely unbolt the water pump and yank it to the side. IMO that was the hardest of them all.

Maybe do the IC install before the new boost pipe so that side is clear out of the way? But if the open IC space gives you needed room for the boost pipe turbo connection maybe do it in your order. Definitely helps to have a buddy push the plastic splash guard layers as you push the IC up and then hold the IC up as get the mounts done up.

If your OEM downpipe clamp bolt is facing the passenger side you can get great purchase on it from the front right wheel well right behind the LCA. I couldn't get mine from under, was cake from the side. Keep track of which sensor was which.

Gaskets. Check and recheck every original part for gaskets. The CP one is easy to miss, it blends with the plastic. And the one on the downpipe. There is one in there. It is needed.

Enjoy the identity crisis for the first week catless! It's LOUD.

P.S if your timing isn't clean when you flash first thing you need to check is plugs and maybe coils. These cars are very spark plug finicky. They like them fresh. I do mine every 10k like clockwork.
14' Alpine White M235i 6MT, BM3 Stg2+, VRSF DP-CP-FMIC, Dinan Muffler, GFB DV+, 3.5 bar MAP, Dorch Stg1 HPFP, NGK 97506, BM3 Flexfuel Kit, CDV delete, KW V3, EDC delete, Powerflex Camber LCA bushings, VMR 801 18x8.5/9.5 et45, Conti Extremecontact 235/265

Next step: M2 Competition or Manual Supra MKV build Summer 2022
Appreciate 0