View Single Post
      07-01-2020, 03:53 PM   #12
RS88
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M235i - '15 - Auto - Est Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by msej449 View Post
@RS88 If you're familiar with Photoshop or an equivalent, it's always worth trying a colour-change out first using a photo' of your car. I was going to go for the replacement black kidney grille, but when I Photoshop'd it, I had second thoughts - somehow it didn't seem any better or worse, just different, and I decided it was a lot of effort/cost to go to for a possibly neutral result.

[Edit: Here you go ...

not a great piece of Photoshop editing but you get the idea e.g. strikes me that if the diffuser panel is body colour, then it makes my gloss black tail pipes look a bit unmatched. Possibly why BMW kept the diffuser panel grey (as well as cost)]
I'd have to agree with the black exhaust tips not quite going with it, however, I saw someone else's Estoril Blue 235 on here with chrome tips (and Estoril Blue diffuser) and it was more suited.

Time will tell - I'm in no hurry!

I have to say, though, I have noticed the exhaust tips on mine are showing some considerable signs of corrosion and I'm going to swap them out as soon as I can, or get them blasted and painted as per your recommendation. Right now they are ruining an otherwise flawless back end! 😊
Appreciate 0