View Single Post
      06-03-2019, 09:14 PM   #10
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggggbmw View Post
@cp911 I've looked at those JackPoint stands. Yeah, they are expensive, and bulky. And they only have a fixed height. For that kind of money I might as well spend a bit more and get a QuickJack.

pikcachu When you say 'jack up the rear and put the stands in the front', are you saying that you jack the rear center high enough to put in all the jackstands at once? Or do you mean that you use the rear side jack point and put the stand in the front side jack point? If the latter, you are still stuck with finding a good point to put a jack stand in the rear subframe area because you're already using the side jack point. I do that sometimes, but it's a bit precarious getting the second side up enough to place the second front jack stand.
I meant you jack the rear side, and put the jack stand in the front...

If you want to put front and rear on a stand what I've seen is that you can use a 2 by 4 long enough from rear jack point to front jack point and you jack the front a few inches to the left or right of the point and put the jack stand... then do the same for the rear

something like this... blue is the jack and red are the stands... brown is the wood bar.... disregard the black text
Attached Images

Last edited by pikcachu; 06-03-2019 at 09:22 PM..
Appreciate 2
ggggbmw432.50
harma24402.50