View Single Post
      06-03-2019, 08:14 PM   #9
ggggbmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP911 View Post
I am using JackPoint jack stands. Expensive, but worth it as a garage investment. None of the issues you guys are having.
@cp911 I've looked at those JackPoint stands. Yeah, they are expensive, and bulky. And they only have a fixed height. For that kind of money I might as well spend a bit more and get a QuickJack.

pikcachu When you say 'jack up the rear and put the stands in the front', are you saying that you jack the rear center high enough to put in all the jackstands at once? Or do you mean that you use the rear side jack point and put the stand in the front side jack point? If the latter, you are still stuck with finding a good point to put a jack stand in the rear subframe area because you're already using the side jack point. I do that sometimes, but it's a bit precarious getting the second side up enough to place the second front jack stand.

dradernh That's a cool idea, but you have to track down a shop skilled enough to do that, and it would mean cutting up the undertrays on the car. Be nice if it came that way from the factory.

All, so, what kind of jack stands is everyone using on the jack points? Standard v-top stands and just putting one ear in the jack point? Or are you rigging a block on a cheap jackstand? If so, I'd love to see pictures of what you've done. ReverseLogic makes some really cool replacement posts with swivel blocks for the Esco stands, but that's getting to be really pricey too.
Appreciate 0