hwntime
Captain
Rep
Drives: F22 Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerobod View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwntime View Post
OP to clear everything up, I'm on 18x8 squared wheels with staggered tires. The first pic is an 18x8 with a 225/40 and as you can see, the tire is stretched. The second pic is 18x8 with a 245/35 and the tire fits perfectly. I hope this gives you an idea now because as I mentioned throughout this thread, you can technically run a 225 on an 8.5" but it's not ideal.

Also, the wheels are ET40 so that will give you an idea of offsets. I'm pretty flush.
I can't make out the tyre model in your photos, but a lot of the stretched look is due to the rubber in the rim protector that protrudes beyond the wheel face, not the carcase of the tyre being stretched (unlike a traditional higher profile tyre that requires a much narrower rim to keep the bead stable). They don't fit quite the same as a Michelin PSS or PS4S tyre in those sizes on that rim width, as always consult the manufacturer fitment data. A 245/35-18 PSS tyre on an 18x8 wheel is somewhat pinched although the rim protector and not the sidewall is still the widest point of the tyre, but 8" is the minimum width for that tyre size.
Haha my tires are Michelin Pilot AS3+ the most popular AS UHP tire. MPSS tires are the exact same stretch.
Appreciate 0