View Single Post
      12-23-2020, 02:33 PM   #14
Miata13
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '23 BMW x3 M40i (on order)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_K View Post
Did you go with the base or MSport? runflats? Interested from a ride and handling perspective.
I found a unicorn example of a leftover '19 230i xDrive with the then available Track Handling Package so it came with the 18" staggered MPSS tires...along with a separate set of 17" BMW wheels with RF Continental BMW spec TS-830 winter tires...guess which are on the car today? Hint: Snow flurries outside and temps dropping like a rock to single digits overnight. I still can't believe the dealer ordered the car for inventory with two sets of wheels/tires...and they said it was NOT a failed deal, customer-ordered car.

I am very happy with the MPSS summer tires and the RF nature of the Continental winter tires makes them a bit more stable than a lot of winter tires.

Unfortunately, you can no longer spec the Track Handling Package on the 230i but that was a deal point for me. I enjoy the adaptable suspension settings and all around better handling capabilities. I had the MSport package on our previous F31 Sportwagon...seems the MSport package "today" is mostly all cosmetic albeit the MSport steering wheel is nicer than the standard wheel. That along was not enough for me to spring for the MSport option this time.
'14 F31 M-Sport ED & PCD (retired)
Appreciate 0