View Single Post
      04-01-2019, 05:45 PM   #24
XCC Motorsports
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

FWIW, I had the same issue on my '14 M235i with Stage 1 HEX/VF Reflash tune.

At the time when I installed the HEX reflash, I didn't realize the factory cold-side charge pipe was a weak point. This is my daily as well, so I just wanted to flash and be done with it.

About 5 months into running the reflash, I began developing the same exact high RPM hesitation you have described. Shortly after this started (~2 weeks) I had the factory cold-side charge pipe blow up and leave me on the side of the road.

It's possible that my hesitation was due to a failing charge pipe connection that was leaking. It seems you have replaced your charge pipe, but maybe it's worth re-tightening all of your clamps. I know from experience on other turbo cars I have owned, that I would need to go back and re-tighten all of my T-bolt clamps after a large variance in temperature from the time of the initial install. Basically, the piping would expand and contract, leaving a lot of slack in the t-bolt clamps.

Again, this may not be your issue, but might be worth it to check. I haven't had a single hesitation after replacing the factory charge-pipe with an ER charge pipe. It's been about 5 months now.

One more thing: It's very easy to incorrectly install the o-rings on the charge-pipe. They can also adjust during the install process and seat poorly. Might want to confirm these as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serrated View Post
not yet unfortunately. it doesn't seem to do it when it's warmer out so I'm suspecting that it might be running out of fuelling. (70+ F)

i only did the front 4 coils since the back 2 require removing crap to get to them. there's a tiny chance that it's one of those but i'm thinking probably not. we'll find out though!

worst case scenario i take it to a shop and have them take a peek

Last edited by XCC Motorsports; 04-01-2019 at 05:52 PM..
Appreciate 0