Thread: Unveiling Soon.
View Single Post
      09-19-2013, 04:10 PM   #71
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

I'm a manual-only guy too, but since two pedal cars put up more repeatable and faster numbers, they're clearly winning out. It doesn't hurt that they're getting much better mileage numbers too.

However I'm not sure why you're comparing optioned CLA45 pricing to a base C63. It's not like most folks that would choose the spendy options on the CLA wouldn't pick the Development Pack and other costly options on the C63 too. So that 25% price difference is likely to remain roughly the same. This seems like saying that a fully optioned F30 is likely to be as much as a stripper F80, it doesn't really matter as the folks who would buy either likely wouldn't consider the other.

The bigger issue for me in this field is that the S3 and A45 both have transverse motors and Haldex that doesn't send much power to the rear until slip is detected. I'd much prefer a rwd car or at least a more aggressive awd system like true quattro, 4Matic or xDrive over the compromised Haldex setup. I suspect the M235i and M2 will both be too feature rich and pound heavy to really interest me and I'll continue to try to out wait Subie on the damned STI version of the BRZ.
Appreciate 0