View Single Post
      05-15-2019, 08:36 AM   #5
USA-RET
Captain
Rep
Drives: Estoril Blue M240i

I'd run the car as stock for a while and see if it meets your expectations. The car is amazingly quick right out of the box. It only gets faster as you break it in.

Plenty of tunes to choose from. Dinan has the piggyback warranty, which is a big deal (to me) if you want to maintain full warranty coverage. Stuff happens whether "stock" or modified. If something happens to the motor and you have a tune on it, you could be looking at a huge "out of pocket" expense.

Dinan is introducing a Stage 2 in the not too distance future, so you may want to hold off until that becomes available.

Having the Stage 1 .v1 Dinan, the car is a beast. Scary fast. That performance boost comes with the occasional self clearing CEL (at least in my case). Performance w/ or w/o the CEL is the same (at least for me). From what I gather, the Stage 1 .v2 is more linear but still quite noticeable over "stock".

Unfortunately, for those having issues w/ the .v1 and going to the .v2, they do notice a drop in the huge torque numbers the .v1 produced early in the RPM range. I'd wager, that anyone adding a .v2 to a stock M240i w/ no knowledge of how the .v1 felt, would be extremely happy with the performance boost of the Stage 1 .v2.

Either way, with a Stage 1, you will have warranty coverage and a path to the upcoming stage 2 flash tune.

Hope this helps.
Appreciate 0