01-21-2020, 11:36 PM   #33
oooseun
Private
Rep
Drives: M235i '15

Quote:
Originally Posted by insanedc View Post
1/18 update:
The firmware removed 99% if the stutter. I get a very occasional,slight stutter now after the firmware update. It's not every trip, nor every day. It may have to do with how many apps I'm running on the phone as a fresh reboot yields no stutters at all.

The unit also has an EQ that has greatly improved the sound quality of the HK system.

Bottom line. I couldn't be more pleased. Unfortunately, the low res of the screen has become very evident. I would like to get a new screen. Otherwise, this is a MUCH better upgrade path for those looking to get smart phone support in their older car, or to get wireless AA support, which few 2020 cars support.

I also purchased a Carlinkit for my 2015 235 and have been very satisfied. I am using wireless Android Auto. I have gotten an occasional stutter when using wireless. I just received a new firmware update that I plan to load tomorrow to see if that goes away.

I considered replacing the entire unit with one from 4x4shop.ca, but ultimately decided that I wanted to keep the stock unit and supplement it with the Carlink unit.
Same Man! hope to make a video of it soon!
Appreciate 0