View Single Post
      01-07-2020, 02:57 PM   #28
oooseun
Private
Rep
Drives: M235i '15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark184 View Post
Wow... that's not right. I'm seeing nothing of the kind. Of course when I did the install, I disconnected the battery, which forced me to need to reset the EVO unit's time. Are you not able to access the original BMW menu? Remember, to switch between the Carlink display and BMW EVO display, you need to hold down the menu button on the idrive unit for 3-5 seconds. That should get you to the time setting menu.

Regarding not being able to connect with BMW online, that doesn't surprise me since according to the Carlink directions, you should turn off the Bluetooth transceiver on the EVO unit. If you've done that, then the car can't access the web through your phone... at least that's how I thought it worked!
Yeah i don't think they're related. Carlink and my issue. i remember seeing a blank time before doing the installation. Car was in the shop before i installed it and i suspect it came back this way.

Anyway, here are my possibly unrelated idrive issues:
-Sometimes the reverse gets confused. Say i shift into R, then back to D, then back to R, the camera turns off and grays out.
-Can't auto-set the time.
-Can't manual set the time either as it erases whatever i put.
most of the connected drive portion doesn't work for me. i never used it before, but it worked before lol.
-I can't see my service intervals. i can see them i think through the dash cluster display, but only when i get a warning on startup.
-Finally, i can't see my warnings in the idrive menu.

Again, these are probably unrelated (especially because i don't see how the external module can modify idrive, it just takes control of the screen i thought), but you should ensure this functionality works for you
Appreciate 0