Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixspeed_g View Post
Steering feel is garbage. My job's Jeep Grand Cherokee feels like it even has better steering feel. Sport mode feels extremely artificial/unnecessary.

16mpg city, shifting at 2k.

Hard shifts from 1st to 2nd on a manual will often result in grinding gears.

That's pretty much it. Don't love the car, don't hate it. I was very pumped on owning this car after my 128i, but apart from its looks and exhaust burbles, I'd prefer the 128i honestly.
The electric assist steering is never going to feel like hydraulic. Never. I agree, the Comfort steering does feel more natural. With that said, I rent tons of cars for work and my M235 had stellar steering feel to EVERYTHING I've rented and I've had some decent performance rentals. Most automotive reviews say the steering feel in the 2 series pretty dang good for electric. I have no issues knowing exactly what the front tires are doing.

You MPGs are because you live in busy cities with tons of stop and go. It has a huge impact.

If you're grinding on the 1-2 shift, you're 6MT is on the way out. I strongly suggest not banging the shifts hard until the gear oil is fully warm (about 10-15 minutes of driving after a cold start).
Makes sense. Can't deny it's a great car, just had high expectations I suppose.