View Single Post
      05-03-2018, 03:06 PM   #18
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15d msport, F22 m235i

So... shit didn't go according to plan (as always), there was a slight fitment issue up front. The Front caliper is making contact with the inner wheel barrel, but mounts and rotates. The contact appears to be coming from the raised "Brembo" scripting just past the pad area at the top. Had to end up taking a bit of material off, which was mainly just the lettering. Took maybe an additional .5mm of caliper material off as well, and it's good to go. Won't know until we get some load/flex if it'll make further contact, but otherwise couldn't see any real concern there after the modification. I've ordered some touch up paint to cover the area, but you can't see it unless a wheel is off, so no biggy. Brakes are bled, everything else is buttoned up.

Question: With the Pad Wear sensors not in use, will I throw a light? If so, is it like any other two wire pad sensor where you can throw a resistor in there, or even easier just snip/twist the wires together? Just curious, haven't run the car yet.

The alignment rack at my shop is currently getting new hydraulic seals, so I'm trying to find a local who can set the car up with the specifications I want, without going through the run around. Otherwise I may just wait until the rack is fixed, and do it myself as planned, next week. Really trying to get it on the road this weekend, though, the weather is calling!

Some near final pics, cell phone quality. Have my DSLR loaded up and I'll edit things later on when I have time.

KW EDC diodes installed, to keep the chassis management happy

Derlin Differential Bushings in

Rear end buttoned up

Ready for wheels

More updates to follow. Cheers,

D

Last edited by Dylan86; 05-07-2018 at 11:58 AM..
Appreciate 0