04-24-2018, 02:05 PM   #7
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15d msport, F22 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveInfante View Post
Very awesome route you are taking. I like the detail in the progression of your journey and it really shows how you ended up where you are now. A bunch of the same parts you have one the table are what I have in my running list of what I want under my 228. How difficult was the front sway bar install? I'm going to do all the work myself so I'm curious. I'm sure that when you are done you will have one heck of a car to scoot around town and a track in. Well done so far and I can't wait to see the next installment.
Thanks, Steve, appreciate the feedback! I got really lucky with a lot of the parts. Patiently waited for take-offs, and some brand "n'used" deals which just made the build that more sensible form a cost perspective. It's tough to buy a lot of this stuff brand new, you never get the value back from them, in the future. At least this way my re-sale, if ever, is only at a minor loss. Front sway bar is not bad, just need the engine support up top (princess auto sells a good one) and that way you can lower the subframe and sneak the bar through, it's HUGE this thing! Should have more updates in the next day or two. Dropped the BBK off, this morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amw896 View Post
subd! sweet build dude. I also have one of the cdn m performance models and love it. Would like to hear your feedback on some of your mods. The differential mounts, coilovers and n20 plugs. I'm fbo with bm3 flash and thinking I might want to try colder plugs soon but I really want to start going down the rabbit hole of beefing the suspension bits. I had bc racing coilovers on my previous cars but they really started breaking down after about 30k from hard commuting and nasty Ontario roads. I'm thinking about some ohlins in hopes of better performance and reliability.

Keep it up! Also, you should post some pics of your previous cars, especially the corrado! those were awesome.
Will definitely give you guys some feedback on the bushings, etc. A few of the F30 track guys have done the full bushing saloon and were happy to report minimal NVH increases, if anything, you just feel more of the car's actual damping, as opposed to bushing movement. Can't wait, this is my biggest gripe with the factory suspension, something not as noticeable with a full M car, until you get stick y tires and some track time.. I am actively trying to get back into an old Photobucket account, I think I have almost every car, or at least a single shot, of each...

Here is a few pics of my first VR6 GTI (Jazz Blue on the left) and my Black 1.8t Golf CL build sitting at one of the public parks in downtown Toronto

The 10 sec A4, wasn't much to look at from the outside, all business under the hood, though..

Even found one of my in-between'ers, my daily driver MK4 GLI on Bags, MAE monoblocks. I rocked this for about a year while my Audi was being built. Yea, I used to be one of "those" car show guys lol

The MK7, and MK6

Some of my racing roots

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMK View Post
Awesome cars you owned! And what a great build! Also, does changing the suspension void the warranty?
Thanks! It's been a good run, happy to be on the BMW side of things, now Any modification "could", in theory, void your warranty. There isn't much I would take this car in for, for support, at these stages, though. Maybe catastrophic engine failure, but I'd have to put the engine back to stock if something like that would happen, in order to not get "flagged" by a tech or warranty rep, as "modified". Not worried, the least. Something like the Dinan spring setup would not void your warranty, Dinan would handle it, if anything..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcmcec View Post
Great write up! I also bought a pre owned 2016 235 from Kelowna BMW. Great shop. I went down a very similar path right away with my car, except I went the E85 route and not the WMI. So far very happy with the E85, Im in the process of customizing a map 6 setup for a E30 mix. Have you looked into a flash tune or is the WMI more than enough power?

Were these pictures taken at Area 27 this past weekend by chance? I was planning on being there but ended up overlapping with a California trip. Good to hear from a BC resident who also tunes!
Where the heck did you find E85 up here?? lol, nothing in my parts, that's for sure! I will eventually stack BM3 with my JB4 for a final tune, just last on my priorities for spring time. Maybe for my bday, in July .

Pics were taken at Area27, yea, my new favourite place

I'm getting this one blown up for my shop area

Last edited by Dylan86; 04-24-2018 at 02:11 PM..
Appreciate 3
ABPReader215.00
amw896582.50
Powaup1253.00