11-21-2020, 08:20 AM   #15
Maynard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 228iX & M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcfgh View Post
Ooh thank you so much! I will definitely look into the Zeckhausen hardware. That sounds way more reasonable.

Any recommendations for aftermarket dust boots / piston seals?
Same place (or that link above from Dradernh). I'm not nearly as deep into mods as some are on these boards, but Zeckhausen are my go to for brake parts and advice - 'Dr. Z' spent over a half hour talking thru my questions and making suggestions, and they have a pretty extensive catalog; if you don't see it, call and ask. Dradernh also links to some very good suppliers, especially if you are considering upgrading into real aftermarket stuff. Zeckhausen may also have better suggestions for your situation - street use brings in the additional complexity that the pads usually don't really heat up fully or stay at a steady heat range. I know FCP has a wonderful lifetime guarantee plan, but with brakes you can easily get into 'penny-wise/pound-foolish territory trying to save a few bucks - a lot of race pads (and the rotors they work on) wear very quickly if only used cold on the street, so a proper match might actually get you much longer life.
Appreciate 0