View Single Post
      09-16-2018, 11:25 AM   #87
se15679875
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
People who fail to see the benefits of a better phone are not surprisingly the people who don't own one. I upgrade every year and every time I go back and use my previous year phone I notice the lack of speed. I never feel the previous year phone was slow until I get used to the new one.

Subscribe to the theory of ignorance is bliss if you want, but don't act as though there aren't real-world improvements.
Like what's the point of this? It strikes me as a straw man argument if anything. People don't fail to see the benefit. They evaluate the pros (faster processor speed, better camera, etc.) and cons ($) of upgrading every year or 2-3 years and determine that the pros do not outweigh the cons.

There is no one size fits all when it comes to upgrading phones. The condescension is what I don't understand (and about upgrading phones no less). It's laughably arbitrary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
I think yearly is a little much, but 2-3 years for sure; considering the amount of usage a phone gets. Any other device that's used as much as a phone and for as many things would literally fall apart after 2-3 years. Then people have the nerve to complain when their phone gets slow or not acting like it used to. But yeah... there are always going to be people stuck in their old ways like the dude above somehow talking about his 401k ROI when are talking about phones lol.
I don't have data on me or anything but who on earth would be stupid enough to do this?

If you have an older generation phone and it's too slow and you have the means to upgrade to a faster phone and you willingly don't upgrade then that, by definition, makes you ignorant.

You seem to be implying that a striking number of individuals who don't upgrade their phones regularly fall into this category. Why?
Appreciate 2
RickFLM410981.00
________4158.50