View Single Post
      06-06-2018, 08:56 AM   #21
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

30 day update. The LSD is fully broken in now and is pretty smooth in it's operation. I'm remain astounded by all the extra traction out back. It's so different. The negative is that all the extra traction now makes the car feel a bit slower because there's far less drama and wheelspin

One of the biggest differences I notice is how power oversteer with and without the LSD. Without the LSD, I could easily provoke the rear end out and to swing wide, but it was somewhat hard to control plus there wasn't much forward momentum. With the LSD, you really can steer with the throttle and forward momentum is dictated by throttle application. Induce some power oversteer and then get on the throttle a bit hard and the tail straightens up a bit and the car sling-shots forward, giving me similiar acceleration feel to my old 2012 WRX.

The car simply feels more robust and stable. I run around in DSC Off almost all the time. Love it.