05-08-2018, 11:25 AM   #9
Dylan86
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F15d msport, F22 m235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
I really want to launch the car now to see if there's much difference in the amount of launch rpm I can use, but I need to hold off for another couple hundred miles. I usually launch at ~3,500rpms with a decent amount of clutch slip and some minor tire spin/slip through most of 1st.

The car feels like it has an extra 500 lbs out back now in terms of the tires feeling planted. Prior to the LSD, the back end felt a bit loose. Now there's more forward acceleration in the lower gears as the wheel spin is better mitigated. In the nanny modes, the nanny's don't appear to be as hyperactive. That could be all in my head though.
You'll love how well it hooks up, launching. My friend has an 8at m235i and it launched really hard out of the box, but with the open diff he got pretty squirly 1-3rd. He installed a Quaife LSD and he barely spins in 2nd, now. I can hardly burn through 2nd gear with 255 PSS's lightweight wheels (from a roll, 15-16psi/meth), so you're going to be GLUED to the ground with the power you're running, lol.

That heavy feeling is 100% both wheels engaging simultaneously, vs the "hunting" for grip that the open diff used to do. The nannies will only intervene if you're trying to "drift" of do a big power-slide. You can stop it from happening but only if you stay on it WOT, if you start to modulate mid slide/drift the eLSD tries to correct things, although it ruins the experience. Not that I do this often, but there's a rare occasion on a slow twisty back road that I like to have fun, namely some steep uphill winding 180* turns . I plan on coding out the eLSD among a laundry list of other features I've been missing out on.

Looking forward to your follow up, post break-in.

D