View Single Post
      12-22-2020, 03:43 PM   #18
dradernh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by K8_M235i View Post
As much as I love Watkins Glen and everything about the track/town/area, I think for pure driving pleasure I think I have to pick Limerock.

Out of all the tracks I've driven, I don't think that there is a track more mentally challenging than Limerock. After a bmwcca day earlier this year I was blown away by how fun it was to continually lap LRP with cars of similar pace. Towards the end of the day they did an hour long open session and I stayed out for about 45 mins of it. I focused on running consistent 1:04's while passing and getting passed by a variety of different BMW's and Porsches. I was so physically and mentally tired after, it felt amazing (it was also 95* ambient). For this reason I love Limerock.
I like LRP a lot, too, and the rapidity with which eight turns arrive in a lap lasting around one minute is pretty darn exhilarating. With the elevation changes and each turn being different, Lime Rock has a real roller coaster effect to it.

For sheer demands on a car and driver, I found the section from the Uphill, through West Bend, and through the Downhill Turn to be the most challenging set of sequential turns anywhere I'd driven. Those turns will test any driver.
Appreciate 1
K8_M235i476.50