01-04-2023, 08:47 PM   #70
TheMaxXHD
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 G20 LCI M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgelfen360 View Post
My big issue with all this is that there is complete lack of proper software updates (I know they exist but there is a lot of issues with actually getting an update) for previous gen models. They just move on to new iterations but they leave behind customers who own the product. Maybe that will change with idrive 9 and android platform will be more conducive to updates.
You are mistaken if you think that is how that works. In the regular tech world with android devices, that is not how that works.

Anyone that has used an android device can tell you that it’s a catch 22 whether you even get updates beyond an major update or two. It is on the manufacturers of the phones to update their products to the latest versions. Some manufacturers support their devices for only like 1 or 2 years worth of android updates.

Apple is ironically the best with device support, often giving 5+ years in some cases of updates. The flipside is they are also the worst at walling latest features to new devices, even if older ones are capable of having the feature.
Appreciate 0