View Single Post
      01-04-2023, 08:28 PM   #68
TheMaxXHD
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 G20 LCI M340i xDrive

I brought this up before in the other i4 forum, but while it is frustrating, this is not exactly unheard of. In fact, it’s quite common in the tech space. It’s just that now that cars are becoming more like computers, it is also inherenting some of the issues of the tech industry.

Server CPU architectures often lag a generation behind the latest and greatest consumer counterparts. Products being launched that are better than what was just launched only a few short months prior. Incoherent product stack and development cycles that criss cross and piss everyone off for no reason other than for profit (apple) or because of incompetence of the company (many others like Intel)

The very expensive iPad Pro from 2020 was not going to get the more professionally driven stage manager initially because it didn’t have the M1 chip, meanwhile the cheaper iPad Air launched only two years later with the M1, was going to get it. After the backlash was so severe by apple standards, they “made it work” with the 2020 iPad Pro A12Z, but not with the iPad Pro 2018 A12X, which it should be able to run as well.

This is not new, it is just new for the car world.
As someone from the tech world, welcome to what we deal with.

The saying goes for us, the moment you build your computer, it becomes outdated by something else, so just build and enjoy, and don’t try to time new product launches. Now, it’s applicable to cars.
Appreciate 2
Ilyam5894.50