View Single Post
      05-29-2020, 12:59 PM   #23
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyldstyle View Post
That silly statistic is only true because you are near your home every single time you go anywhere... (and again upon your return).
Quote:
Originally Posted by grocerylist View Post
That's why I keep my car in climate controlled storage 5 miles away from my house.

Of course the logic limitation of the statistic is obvious. The reason this was reported originally was to offset the human frailty of taking excessive comfort and undue sense of security from being "close to home" and failing to maintain reasonable precautions, such as wearing restraints. Humans are much too susceptible to magical thinking, such as, "I'll be fine...I'm just going to the store." Short or long trip, nearby or far, the same precautions are needed, but not always followed.
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 1