01-23-2019, 11:41 AM   #18
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
If you're charging at home by plugging in the night before you need to drive somewhere you're better off than an ICE as you leave home every day topped up and it's probably cheaper than gas especially if you use solar not counting initial costs. I think you would save a little more time than an ICE with no lines to deal with. You can also charge the car while it's parked outside your home if you mount a charger outside. You apparently can do this though I would prefer to charge it in a garage. Not sure if there is a way to prevent other people from using your charger but it is unlikely they would pull into your driveway and do so for a couple hours.
Not everyone lives in a city or suburbs; I don't. Hell, I drive 20 miles just to get somewhere and 15 minutes just to get cell service. And the population density doesn't make lines at the gas station. So while my first post was a bit sarcastic, it is true. For me, I'd spend more time recharging an EV than refueling an ICE, AND get less range per recharge. And get wet sometimes...

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 01-23-2019 at 11:53 AM..
Appreciate 0