View Single Post
      06-28-2020, 02:19 PM   #1
Pbdeed
Private
Rep
Drives: M240i

Rattle noise when hard turning after some kms (maybe TS+LCAs?)

Hello,

This weekend I went to a track and Iīve heard a noise in both left and right front wheels when I turn right or left respectively (the wheel with most of the weight).

The noise just appears after some driving, not first laps, like when some part gets temperature (donīt know if brakes, tyres, ...). it has to be a closed turn (for example, a roundabout) with significant speed, just to load weight in the outside of the car.

Its a noise only heard with windows down (itīs not heard inside the car with windows closed). And it is not a continuous noise, its like a rattle and its increased as I turn more.

Just to give more context I have TS+LCAs , does any one had a similar problem? As its in both sides and when suspension is compressed it seems that maybe TS+LCAs changed geometry and something is touching. It could be the metal part behind the rotors?

I also have Ferodo DS2500 (this pads dont have a counterweight in the back of the pad as stock ones have). Just in case it could matter.

In a workshop they didntīsee anything relevant.

I know its difficutd to identify the cause with this description but maybe someone had a similar problem.

Regards
Appreciate 0