05-10-2016, 10:48 AM   #58
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentZero View Post
Noticed two things in that video. First, magnet an those speakers is freaking tiny. I'm not sure if size matters, but in my experience the more expensive and better quality speakers have had much larger magnets than a stock and/or "budget" speaker. Second, the surround on the midrange speaker is concave. Dude mentions that the design is to provide better midrange response. I'll trust them on that I guess. It's still a bit odd to me, but whatever.

Originally I was going to wait for the bav solution for my hi-fi car, but I want separates and I was hoping that they'd come up with a solution that involved separate speakers. Just include the sails and the solution would still essentially be plug and play.
Ah, so the surrounds ARE concave. That's just plain weird. I've never seen that on a set of aftermarket woofers. You'd think some other manufacturer would be using the design if it improved midrange response ...

Oh, and installation ease + price point is the reason BAVsound went with coaxials. That's verified in another thread by someone in the sound biz (he works for a company whose name rhymes with "swimmerdeck", hehe)
Appreciate 0